Make sure to submit your Concert Credit by Thursday! For those of you who still need to fulfill your spring semester concert credit but won’t make it to an event this week, here is an alternative assignment:
Assignment: Eric’s Whitacre’s "Deep Field"
1. Read about the composer here: https://ericwhitacre.com/biography
2. Read about the piece “Deep Field" here: https://ericwhitacre.com/deep-field
3. Watch the video of the composer talking about how they use a phone app during the performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNsO2KwwDXE
4. Watch the entire video of a performance of “Deep Field” conducted by Eric Whitacre and performed by Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, The BBC Singers, & The BBC Symphony Chorus (23 minutes long): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFiZVIoj5jQ
5. Type a one page double-spaced, 12-point font (Times New Roman) about this piece of music, the performance, and how it combines the arts, science, and technology. Using Google Docs is preferred.
6. Submit your Concert Credit and upload the paper as verification. Choose the ‘I watched an online video…” option. Add the link to the video and upload your paper: https://www.becorchestras.org/concertcredit
You have until the end of the day on Thursday!