buchanan music department
Disneyland Tips & Ride Checklist
Mr. Lack’s Disneyland Tips!
- Download the Disneyland App (iOS & Google Play). This app is great for finding out wait times for the rides and attractions and has a map for finding your way around.
- Get a Disneyland Map as you go in the main entrance. If you aren’t familiar with Disneyland, use it!
- Keep your Disneyland Ticket with you at all times! Use it to get FASTPASSES (See below).
- Use FASTPASSES for these rides: Big Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, & Star Tours - it’s free and MANY people don’t take advantage of it.
- Look for the FASTPASS distribution area near the entrance of the above attractions.
- Insert your admission ticket or Annual Passport into the FASTPASS machine.
- A FASTPASS ticket will be printed with your Return Time. It will say something like "Return between 4:30pm & 5:30pm".
- Go to the "FASTPASS Return" line at your Return Time, show your FASTPASS ticket to the Cast Member and you will get to skip most of the long line! Make sure your return within that hour or you can’t use your FASTPASS.
- You can get one (1) FASTPASS every two hours, or at the beginning of your return time for the current FASTPASS, whichever time is shorter. Plan your day around this to get as many FASTPASSES as possible!
- NEVER wait more than 30 minutes for a ride. Use FASTPASSES and check the wait times.
- Don’t spend too much time in any one area of the park. Keep an eye on wait times and always be moving towards the attractions with shorter lines. You should cross the park MANY times today.
- Phone Charging - Main street has lockers with outlets/chargers you can use for $2 hour. An even better idea is to save your money and stay off your phone. Unplug and enjoy your day in Disneyland!
- Mr. Lack’s Food Favorites - Gibson Girl Ice Cream, Pizza Port, and a treat for the bus ride home from the candy shops near the Splash Mountain Exit or on Main Street! Yum!
Disneyland Checklist - See if you can do it all!
*The Serious Rides
- Jungle Cruise
- *Indiana Jones - This should be your second FASTPASS after Space Mountain.
- Tarzan Treehouse
- Davey Crockett's Explorer Canoes
- *Splash Mountain - Go on this in the morning or towards the end of the day. The line is always longest in the afternoon. If you can stand being wet on the bus ride, wait until the end of the day.
- Winnie the Pooh
- Alice in Wonderland
- Casey Jr. Circus Train
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- it's a small world
- King Arthur Carrousel
- Mad Tea Party
- *Matterhorn Bobsleds - FASTPASSES now available for the Matterhorn. Don’t wait more than 20 minutes.
- Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Pinocchio's Daring Journey
- Snow White's Scary Adventures
- Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
- Storybook Land Canal Boats
- *Big Thunder Mountain - Get a FASTPASS or check wait times, which are sometimes as short as 15-20 minutes.
- Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island
- Mark Twain or Columbia Boat Ride
- Gadget's Go Coaster
- Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin (FASTPASS)
New Orleans Square
- Haunted Mansion
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Astro Orbitor
- Buzz Lightyear
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
- *Space Mountain - Get a FASTPASS for this attraction right when you get in the park! If the line is short, go on it!
- *Star Tours - This should be your third FASTPASS. Keep an eye on the line. Sometimes it’s short in the morning or later in the evening.
- Star Wars Launch Bay (10am-8pm)
There is much more...just check your map! Don't forget to ride the Disneyland Railroad or shop for Mickey Ears and other souvenirs on Main Street!