Buchanan Performing arts Department
We have an amazing trip to Disneyland planned for Saturday, June 8, 2019! This is an optional trip for all Buchanan Performing Arts Students involved in Band, Choir, Drama and Orchestra. This trip will be a magical day for our entire program!
The total field trip fee for the direct costs (transportation, park ticket, meal voucher) associated with this field trip is $180.00. If you are interested in going on this optional trip, please complete the Disneyland Trip Form & Disneyland Permission Slip below. Disneyland Trip Form, Permission Slip, and Trip Payment are due Friday, May 10, 2019. If you are unable to pay this fee in full or in part, please indicate that on the trip payment form and assistance will be provided. If you have any questions regarding this trip, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The field trip fee will cover:
- Charter bus transportation for entire itinerary
- Disneyland Park Ticket
- $10 Disney Dining Card to be used in Disneyland Park for meals
The students will need to pay for or provide on their own:
- Sack breakfast for the trip to Disneyland.
- Any remaining money needed to cover their lunch and dinner. The $10 meal voucher is enough for one (1) meal if the student is frugal. We recommend bringing at least $15-$20 additional, which should cover a snack as well.
- Spending money for souvenirs (optional)
Please note the following (Important!):
- To make the trip financially viable, we must travel with full charter buses. As forms are submitted, we will begin filling the first bus. Every student who submits a form after the first bus is full will be on a waiting list until we have enough students to fully fund a 2nd charter bus. After the 2nd bus is full, this same process will continue.
- If the sum of the payments (Full Trip Payments + Financial Assistance Requested + Additional Donations) does not cover the cost of the trip, the trip will be canceled. This will be considered after all the trip forms and payments are received by May 10, 2019.
- Failure to make the agreed payment amount by the due date will move the student to the bottom of the waiting list.
We need chaperones! We need Parents/Guardians to chaperone to make this trip a success. Indicate your interest when completing the trip form for your student.
To attend this trip, you must complete all three of the following steps no later than Friday, May 10, 2019:
This is going to be a magical experience for all of our students. We appreciate your support!
Disneyland Trip Frequently Asked Questions
Is the trip fee refundable if my student doesn’t go on the trip?
If it is known that a student will not go on the trip before the trip payment due date, then we will refund your trip payment. There will be no refunds after the trip payment due date.
What happens if trip payments are not submitted by the due date?
The trip will be canceled. The program cannot afford to lose money on travel experiences for the students.
We might be able to make an additional donation. Would that be helpful?
Extremely helpful! We want to make our travel experiences available to all students. In cases of financial need, we count on the generous additional donations of others to make the trip a reality for all students.
What if the trip is canceled?
All money paid by the student/family towards the trip will be refunded or held and applied towards future trips.
What happens to fundraising money?
By definition, all fundraising money goes in the general fund of the Buchanan Music Program. For certain fundraisers, the program reduces the cost of a trip for the student by the same amount they fundraised (“trip credit”). If that trip is canceled, that same amount remains with the student to be applied to future trips until they graduate at which point the trip credit goes back into the general fund.