buchanan music department
saturday, june 9, 2018
Last Update: 3/18/18 • 12:00pm
Disneyland: 1313 Disneyland Dr, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Map Below)
Emergency Contact: John Lack, Director, 509-389-0467
Disneyland Trip Remind: @BHSDL18
- Additional $$ for lunch & dinner. (at least $15-$20). More if you want to buy souvenirs.
- Bring a sack breakfast to eat on the road.
- Comfortable, dress code approved clothing for the entire day. Plan for all temperatures!
- A hoodie or jacket for when it is cooler in the morning or evening.
- Comfortable shoes! Flip flops are okay - but it’s a long day on your feet! Plan accordingly.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, maybe even a hat?
- Pillow and/or small blanket for the bus ride.
Itinerary - Saturday, June 9, 2018
4:00am Report to the BHS Bandroom for Pre-Trip Meeting
4:15am Find Chaperone/Bag Check/Load Buses
4:30am Depart for Anaheim, California & Disneyland (one restroom stop @ Laval Rd)
9:30am Arrive at Disneyland!
- Ride the tram/walk together to the main gate with your group.
- You must stay inside Disneyland Park until 9:45pm (end of fireworks). No exceptions.
- Lunch and Dinner are on your own. Group up to use your vouchers, you can only use each $5 voucher one time - no change is given!
1:00pm Group Picture and Check-In in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. Don’t be late!
9:30pm Disneyland Fireworks Show. Watch from Main Street. Head to the main entrance immediately after the fireworks. If you aren’t near main street when the fireworks start, start walking!
9:45pm Meet in-between the parks on or near the large compass in between Disneyland and California Adventure. Group Check-in.
10:00pm Walk to buses together as a group.
10:45pm Depart for Fresno (Small snack provided).
11:00pm Depart for Clovis (Snacks will be provided for the trip home. One restroom stop @ Laval Rd)
3:30am Arrive at Buchanan H.S.
Trip Guidelines and Expectations - General
- First and foremost: Always act in a way that positively represents yourself, our program, our school, and our community at all times.
- Be a respectful guest of the Disneyland Resort. We expect nothing less than your best behavior. Be polite and courteous to all other guests and Cast Members at Disneyland.
- Be on time. Refer to your itinerary (“Passport to Fun”) for schedule details. You are expected to have the Passport to Fun with you at all times. Be early for everything.
- CUSD Dress Code must be followed at all times. Flip-flops are okay.
- No PDA (Public Displays of Affection).
- No profanity, rude, or disrespectful behavior, or conversations of inappropriate nature.
- If you get sick or do not feel well on the trip, please notify a chaperone or director immediately.
- The CUSD Code of Ethics is to be followed at all times. This includes, but is not limited to the possession/use of any controlled substances, alcohol, tobacco, etc. Refer to guideline #1.
- You must be with your group of 4 or more at all times. There are no exceptions to this rule. If one person wants to go on Splash Mountain, the whole group goes on Splash Mountain.
Trip Guidelines and Expectations - On the Bus
- The time between our departure from Buchanan and our first stop is mandatory quiet time. You may not talk and need to sleep so you are well rested for our day in Disneyland. You may listen to music quietly by yourself (no headphone sharing); but there are to be no video games or videos played on your phone.
- You must remain in your seat anytime the bus is in motion.
- You must use headphones with music/video players always.
- Please keep the noise to a minimum when having a conversation.
- All movies watched must be on the approved movie list (G & PG movies OK) (no matter what device you watch them on)
- The restroom on the bus is for emergency use only. Please wait until we stop, if possible.
Meal Vouchers - PLEASE READ
You can only use each $5 meal voucher for ONE (1) transaction. That means if you use it for a $3 purchase, you lose $2 dollars. Purchase food together with others in your group. Use your meal voucher the first time and a friend’s the second time for example. Do not use your meal voucher for a transaction less than $5 or the balance of the voucher will be gone!
Mr. Lack’s Disneyland Tips!
- Download the Disneyland App (iOS & Google Play). This app is great for finding out wait times for the rides and attractions and has a map for finding your way around.
- Get a Disneyland Map as you go in the main entrance. If you aren’t familiar with Disneyland, use it!
- Keep your Disneyland Ticket with you at all times! Use it to get FASTPASSES (See below).
- Use FASTPASSES for these rides: Big Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, & Star Tours - it’s free and MANY people don’t take advantage of it.
- Look for the FASTPASS distribution area near the entrance of the above attractions.
- Insert your admission ticket or Annual Passport into the FASTPASS machine.
- A FASTPASS ticket will be printed with your Return Time. It will say something like "Return between 4:30pm & 5:30pm".
- Go to the "FASTPASS Return" line at your Return Time, show your FASTPASS ticket to the Cast Member and you will get to skip most of the long line! Make sure your return within that hour or you can’t use your FASTPASS.
- You can get one (1) FASTPASS every two hours, or at the beginning of your return time for the current FASTPASS, whichever time is shorter. Plan your day around this to get as many FASTPASSES as possible!
- NEVER wait more than 30 minutes for a ride. Use FASTPASSES and check the wait times.
- Don’t spend too much time in any one area of the park. Keep an eye on wait times and always be moving towards the attractions with shorter lines. You should cross the park MANY times today.
- Phone Charging - Main street has lockers with outlets/chargers you can use for $2 hour. An even better idea is to save your money and stay off your phone. Unplug and enjoy your day in Disneyland!
- Mr. Lack’s Food Favorites - Gibson Girl Ice Cream, Pizza Port, and a treat for the bus ride home from the candy shops near the Splash Mountain Exit or on Main Street! Yum!
Disneyland Checklist - See if you can do it all!
*The Serious Rides
- Jungle Cruise
- *Indiana Jones - This should be your second FASTPASS after Space Mountain.
- Tarzan Treehouse
- Davey Crockett's Explorer Canoes
- *Splash Mountain - Go on this in the morning or towards the end of the day. The line is always longest in the afternoon. If you can stand being wet on the bus ride, wait until the end of the day.
- Winnie the Pooh
- Alice in Wonderland
- Casey Jr. Circus Train
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- it's a small world
- King Arthur Carrousel
- Mad Tea Party
- *Matterhorn Bobsleds - FASTPASSES now available for the Matterhorn. Don’t wait more than 20 minutes.
- Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Pinocchio's Daring Journey
- Snow White's Scary Adventures
- Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
- Storybook Land Canal Boats
- *Big Thunder Mountain - Get a FASTPASS or check wait times, which are sometimes as short as 15-20 minutes.
- Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island
- Mark Twain or Columbia Boat Ride
- Gadget's Go Coaster
- Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin (FASTPASS)
New Orleans Square
- Haunted Mansion
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Astro Orbitor
- Buzz Lightyear
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
- *Space Mountain - Get a FASTPASS for this attraction right when you get in the park! If the line is short, go on it!
- *Star Tours - This should be your third FASTPASS. Keep an eye on the line. Sometimes it’s short in the morning or later in the evening.
- Star Wars Launch Bay (10am-8pm)
There is much more...just check your map! Don't forget to ride the Disneyland Railroad or shop for Mickey Ears and other souvenirs on Main Street!